Dear readers! The article talks about typical ways to solve legal issues, but each case is individual. If you want to know how solve your problem - contact the consultant:
+7 (812) 317-50-97 (St. Petersburg)
APPLICATIONS AND CALLS ARE ACCEPTED 24 HOURS AND WITHOUT DAYS OFF.
It is fast and IS FREE!
A child whose father is a citizen of India receives citizenship automatically and from the first days of life has the right to all the privileges of an indigenous person. Children whose mothers have citizenship and live with them in the country are also considered Indian citizens.
Children born in a marriage of two Indians abroad are entitled to citizenship of their homeland. To do this, their parents must obtain permission from the Consulate of the Republic.
How to obtain Indian citizenship to a Russian citizen
A person interested in acquiring Indian citizenship must go through several stages of registration:
- Apply for a visa.
- Get a residence permit.
- To live in the country for at least 10 years in a row.
- Take an exam in English and Hindi.
- Apply for Indian citizenship.
- Located in the country within a year from the date of application for citizenship.
Visa application. Recently, the procedure for obtaining a visa to India has been greatly simplified.
You can apply for electronic permission to enter the country for a period of 30 days. On the day of departure, airport employees will put the necessary stamps on the passport, indicating that you have paid a visa.
To apply for a traditional visa, you will need the following documents:
- application form in English in 2 copies,
- 2 photos 3x4 cm,
- flights to India,
- confirmation of hotel reservation, or an invitation from a citizen of the country:
- photocopies of passport pages,
- declaration in 2 copies,
- certificate of absence of HIV,
- Receipt of payment.
A visa is issued from 3 to 7 days. Urgent - 3 working days.
Obtaining a residence permit. You can get a residence permit in India through training, marriage, business, work, investment. Documents confirming the presence of extenuating circumstances are attached to the main package of documents.
- international passport,
- notarized photocopy of the passport,
- 4 photos 3x4 cm without corner,
- certificate of no criminal record,
- visa to India,
- proof of housing in India,
- statement from the current bank account (at least $ 2500 on the balance sheet),
- a letter clarifying the intention to stay in the country (citizenship, or permanent residence).
A residence permit must be renewed every 5-10 years. For many emigrants, he replaces citizenship. Moreover, the authorities of the republic have every right to withdraw VZHN at any time.
In the case of unfair payment of taxes, participation in legal proceedings, loss of work, refusal to study or divorce from a citizen of the state, the immigrant risks being expelled from the country.
After a resident stays in India for more than 190 days, he will receive the right to purchase real estate. Prior to this period, a person has the right to invest money in the state treasury and rent premises of any scale.
Language proficiency test. After a resident has lived in the country for more than 10 years, he can apply for the exam.
During the interview, the examiner must demonstrate knowledge of not only English, but also Hindi, as well as the country's cultural traditions, and show interest in the history, religion and politics of the state.
In case of successful passing the exam, an immigrant is allowed to apply for citizenship. In case of refusal of an examination assessment, a person has the right to retake the material after 3 months.
What documents are needed
The registration package of documents is expanded annually. You can find out its exact composition for a given period at the Indian Embassy or Consulate.
The main securities required for registration are:
- application for citizenship in 2 copies,
- birth certificate,
- certificate of no criminal record,
- certificate of absence of debts,
- photocopy of residence permit,
- photocopy of a valid passport,
- photocopy of passport,
- a document confirming the rejection declare foreign citizenship,
- receipt of state duty payment.
It is worth noting that all photocopies must be notarized. An immigrant must stay in the country within one year after applying.
If successful, the resident receives a mail notification of the acquisition of Indian citizenship and receives an invitation to the ceremony of the presentation of the passport.
During the festive ceremony, a citizen swears an oath and swears allegiance to the state.
Term and how much is the procedure
It may take more than a year to review the application. The host will consider many factors when deciding whether to grant Indian citizenship.
- the applicant’s social status and how he established himself in society,
- his financial situation
- the presence of blood relatives and spouses residing in the territory of the state,
- its significance for the development of the country.
The cost of the application ranges from 60-100 $. In case of refusal, money for paying the state fee is not returned.
Loss of Indian citizenship
Indian citizenship can be lost voluntarily or forcibly. In the first case, you need to contact the Embassy of the country with a request to revoke the Indian citizenship issued to you.
In the event of a forced loss, the person does not have such an opportunity. The reasons for the loss of citizenship are:
- international or war crime,
- crime against humanity
- crime against the state,
- adoption of foreign citizenship,
- obtaining Indian citizenship through fraud and fraud.
Advantages and disadvantages
Having become a full member of Indian society, an immigrant will be able to appreciate the advantages that the state provides for its residents:
- visa-free regime with many Asian countries,
- low housing prices and products,
- free healthcare and education system,
- the opportunity to develop in the political sphere,
- opportunity to build a business.
The disadvantages of Indian citizenship include lengthy processing times and the need to abandon previous citizenship. Many businessmen who emigrated to India note, among other shortcomings, the need to pay taxes from the first year of their stay in the country.
Relocation to India for permanent residence is possible only by naturalization. Other aspects (marriage, study, business, work, investing in the state economy and the presence of blood relatives) do not affect the terms of processing and issuing documents.
Video: 10 countries providing citizenship for money
- Due to frequent changes in the legislation, information sometimes becomes outdated faster than we manage to update it on the site.
- All cases are very individual and depend on many factors. Basic information does not guarantee a solution to your specific problems.
Therefore, FREE expert consultants work for you around the clock!
- Ask a question through the form (below), or through online chat
- Call the hotline:
- Moscow and the Region - +7 (499) 110-56-12
- St. Petersburg and the region - +7 (812) 317-50-97
- Regions - 8 (800) 222-69-48
APPLICATIONS AND CALLS ARE ACCEPTED 24 HOURS AND WITHOUT DAYS OFF.
Obtaining Native Citizenship
The child will receive citizenship by birth in the country, regardless of the origin of the parents. However, it is necessary to apply for such citizenship - it will not work automatically. Upon reaching adulthood, such a child may return to the country and submit a petition, if this has not been done before.
Interestingly, foreigners who have given birth to a child in India can apply for permanent residence. This is explained by the fact that a small citizen has the right to remain in the country, and parents have the right to be near. In other words, this is citizenship through family reunification.
Obtaining citizenship by origin
- The child will receive citizenship regardless of place of birth, if at least one of the parents is a citizen of the country.
- A child born to a woman who is a citizen of India and from a father who is a foreigner will receive Indian citizenship only if he remains in the country and does not accept the citizenship of his father.
- Child born from an Indian citizen out of wedlock - Indian citizen
Obtaining citizenship through naturalization
Conditions to be met during naturalization:
- 10 years of legal residence on the territory of the country, and the last year before submitting the application - without leaving,
- comply with the laws
- pass the state knowledge exam Hindi language
- have legitimate sources of livelihood,
- renounce any other citizenship,
Dual citizenship: not recognized.
Tourist visa gives the right to stay here only 6 months. For a longer stay, a residence permit is required.
All conditions of naturalization are quite simple, but there are some nuances:
1) It is difficult to obtain a residence permit, it must be constantly renewed and can be canceled.
2) There are few jobs and it is extremely difficult to get a job, as well as getting a residence permit for this reason. Here, by law, they can only be hired if there are no applicants from among citizens. Only highly qualified specialists and representatives of rare professions can count on the device. If it is possible to conclude a labor contract, then a work visa is issued for the duration of the contract, while I have more than a year - you can renew as much as you like, and only for a year - no more.
3) Through investment, as one would expect, it is easier to gain a foothold here. Lack of jobs dictates this attitude to this method. The authorities are favorable to everyone who is willing to pay taxes and create jobs. An entrepreneur can more easily obtain a residence permit, and with prolonged successful work and permanent residence.
Obtaining citizenship through marriage
It should be remembered that here, in order to avoid fraud, they check the fact of cohabitation.
In case of marriage, the spouse of the citizen is granted permanent residence for 15 years with the right to employment.
After 7 years of marriage, citizenship is granted in the country.
Title of the law: Citizenship Act of 1955.
Residence Permit in India
In India, there are two options for a residence permit:
- temporary type, the validity of which is limited to 12 months,
- for permanent residence, which should be unlimited, but in reality it is limited to a period of 5 or 10 years.
To obtain a residence permit, it is necessary to fulfill certain obligations and conditions. These include the existence of grounds for the issuance of the species and the absence of reasons that may lead to failure. The first time a permit is issued for a period of one year.
How to extend a residence permit?
You can renew your residence permit in India an unlimited number of times. This requires an application for extradition. It will be considered within 10 days, after which they will issue a permit or report a refusal.
It is worth noting that a residence permit in India does not give reason to be considered a full-fledged citizen of this country:
- firstly, the permit can be canceled at any time by the state,
- secondly, a refusal to extend it may be put forward if the requirements that became the basis for its issuance have not been met,
- thirdly, in order to obtain Indian citizenship, it is not enough for an immigrant not to have clashes with law enforcement agencies and to reside in India for a long time, a number of other, more serious conditions are required.
Starting your own business
Starting your own business in India is a bold act. At the same time, there is no doubt that only the person who has his personal reasons to emigrate to India can dare to do so. Business in this state is associated with large cash costs, risks and difficulties. However, if you succeed, you can count on obtaining a residence permit.
To obtain a residence permit after opening your own business in India, you need:
- Provide jobs for official citizens of the state. It is known that in India there are not enough jobs, the state is not able to provide work to every person. The emigrants, on whom this important task is assigned, help to cope with this. If you, opening a business, have provided a large number of jobs for citizens of India, then problems with a residence permit should not arise.
- Pay taxes to the state treasury. This is a prerequisite, after which the application for a residence permit can be considered.
India may prohibit starting a business if you do not submit the necessary documents.
These include a certificate confirming the availability of the necessary funds for the development of your business, a business plan and a document describing the specialization or industry in which you intend to carry out activities.
The fastest way to get a residence permit in India is to study. This is associated with high financial costs, since a student can only submit documents to accredited universities that do not provide for training on a budgetary basis. Such emigration to India involves the issuance of a residence permit, which must be constantly renewed.
The reason for the further extension of the residence permit is a certificate confirming the training. It should contain information that you are a student of a particular university, pay for studies, study diligently and pass exams.
Most Indian universities cooperate with companies. During training, they look after themselves good specialists in a certain field. If you are offered a job in India, then do not give up on it. This may become the basis for the extension of a residence permit after graduation in the state.
Lesson in indian school
Another legal way to obtain citizenship in India is to marry a citizen of the country. You can use the services of marriage agencies for this, but, as a rule, candidates from the East are rare. You can meet your future spouse on the Internet, and then see you in one of the countries.
It is worth noting that the state disapproves of marriage for the issuance of a residence permit. Evidence will be required that marriage is not a bogus agreement. Entering into a marriage with a citizen of India provides an opportunity to obtain a residence permit with the right to work.
Another way to obtain a residence permit in this country is through employment. At the same time, for the period of validity of the labor agreement, you will be issued a residence permit. However, it should be understood that finding a job in this state is almost impossible. Firstly, there is a lot of competition due to a lack of jobs. Secondly, employers choose full-fledged citizens of India as employees.
Exceptions may be companies that need professional translators or knowledge of the country with which the company works closely. But even in such situations, an employment contract is concluded for a short time, and it will have to be constantly renewed.
Russian tourists often get a regular visa to India, illegally get a job in Goa and other tourist places. So there are no special problems with this, but you cannot get a residence permit.
Interesting video. Work in India for Russian speakers. Recommended to see.
Obtaining citizenship in India is possible only through naturalization. She suggests living in the country for more than 10 years. Such a long period is provided for by legislation establishing Indian citizenship. Also, a condition before writing an application for citizenship is the holding of the last 12 months on the territory of the country (without going abroad).
In addition, you will have to renounce the citizenship of any other country: the Constitution of India provides that it is impossible to simultaneously be a citizen of India and a citizen of another state.
Other conditions for obtaining citizenship are:
- lack of clashes with local law enforcement agencies,
- having a permanent job in India, which brings a certain monthly income,
- proficiency in languages such as English and Hindi.
It is worth noting that the knowledge of Hindi will need to be demonstrated on the exam required to obtain citizenship. During it, awareness will be needed in the history, culture and religion of India.
We present to your attention the latest video about India.
Features of obtaining citizenship in India
Many people want to go live in India, but obtaining citizenship in this country is associated with some features.
- Since you can count on obtaining citizenship in India only after renouncing other citizenships, you should not go back to Russia because of this. Embassy employees can voluntarily renounce Russian citizenship. You will need to apply for renunciation, photographs, a photocopy of your passport .
- It is worth considering that the Indian bureaucracy is an almost impenetrable system, so it will take more than one year to wait for a solution.
- You can only buy real estate in India after 186 days in the country.
Элитная недвижимость в Индии на берегу океана.
Поэтому если вы решили уехать в Индию на полгода, то о покупке дома или квартиры можно не задумываться.
Obtaining Indian citizenship is a complex procedure that drags on for more than 10 years. To become a citizen of this state, you will need to pass several exams and have a good knowledge of the country's history.