I want to warn you right away that the post will be long. And perhaps not as literate as we would like. Purpose: it is possible to help your story to people who also have this disease or only just met him.
It's not about a cold on the lips. By the way, a cold on the lips is not always caused by the herpes virus, even rather rarely caused by it. However, for some reason, the word "Herpes" in most people immediately associates with a cold on the lips. In my case, this is a viral disease, which unfortunately, despite the 21st century, is not treated and appears in 2 forms: on the skin of the face (usually the chin or cheekbones) and on the nasal mucosa. It can also be absolutely any parts of the body, including the mucous membranes of intimate places, but fortunately I bypassed this. Although you should not rejoice, the virus lives in the blood and can appear anywhere and anytime.
How did this virus appear in my body?
I managed to get infected as a child, more than 15 years ago. It was a usual rest at sea, like all children swimming on a mattress along a strip fenced with buoys, hold my hands on the rope (on which there were buoys). And at one moment I felt a sharp strong pain. It was a wasp. Far enough from the coast, sluggish and, as it turned out, subsequently infected with the herpes virus. At that time, neither my mom nor I knew about such a disease, how it manifests itself and what needs to be done. On day 2-3, the first manifestations of herpes appeared (on the chin). Without proper treatment, bubbles form on top of each other, affecting more and more skin around the fluid that is released when they burst. Plus, the saltwater of the sea irritates the skin, exacerbating the situation. All this went on for more than a month. As a result, upon arrival home, the entire lower part of my face was infected with the virus. Great itching, feeling that the skin is boiling. Seeing a doctor and, after analysis, the diagnosis is Herpes. Then the treatment was long, about 3 months got rid of the consequences. And I didn’t have such strong defeats.
The disease is contagious and in the active phase I can infect people. Therefore, it is not in vain that they say that you need to be careful with people who have different rashes on the skin. Really, be careful! It is better to make sure 1 time than to live with it all your life. Unfortunately, due to improper behavior from the very beginning, my mother also has this virus. And this is the only person who got infected from me and the last one. At times when the virus "sleeps" it is not transmitted under any conditions and is safe.
When and why does he “wake up”?
There is a lot of information about its manifestation and reasons, but I will tell you about my situation. I have been living with this virus for more than 15 years and managed to get to know it.
It is said that the virus goes into the active phase when immunity is lowered. In principle, it is logical, but for the entire time when I was sick the virus did not appear. In my case, the virus manifests itself in severe stressful situations. This is a direct 100% companion of strong nervous and stressful situations.
Is it possible to prevent its active manifestation?
You can’t wake up if there is severe stress or shock. But you can put him to sleep again. Here you need to find it and take action as quickly as possible. The bill goes to the clock. I use only one remedy: Acyclovir: ointment and pills. No longer nothing. Cases of the result. Naturally, there are rashes on the face of both girls and men, this is also an allergy (by the way, for a complete set of allergy sufferers whose reaction is skin rashes, but why not actually?), There can also be acne. Herpes, first appears to appear as a simple subcutaneous acne, does not even itch at the beginning, it can even not be visually noticed, only to the touch. If you notice it and immediately start drinking pills and smear with ointment, it will disappear without going outside - this is ideal. But tracking is very difficult at times.
I have been living with a man for many years and accuracy allows us not to limit ourselves in moments of relapse. I am happy that he is not infected. Not a lot of tips and facts:
1. This is not fatal, does not affect the duration and quality of life. It causes maximum discomfort and itching - in general, little is pleasant.
2. At times of virus activity, do not use certain things with healthy people. Cups, spoons, forks, towels, pillows, etc. All of their own, but better generally disposable.
3. Do not allow the affected surface to come into contact with the mucous membranes - thus, there may be more foci of damage.
4. Always have acyclovir and tablets and ointment with you. (Do not abuse, pills are not useful, many side effects).
5. Do not wet the affected surface. Contact with water is annoying, itchy and prolongs treatment. It’s better not to smear anything, creams, tanalkas, concealers, toner powders, etc., etc. are better to be postponed. It’s better to be like this for a week than even worse for 2-3 months. Each irritant increases the vital activity of herpes. It is better to smear acyclovir ointment every 2 hours.
6. Sex at this moment is not dangerous (unless of course there are no manifestations of the virus in those areas).
7. Kisses are not dangerous either. Although if you lick these rashes, it is dangerous.
8. After the cold sore has come out, it will not pass quickly. Until he goes through his entire cycle. Your task is to prevent new additions from appearing. He will be with you for about 2 weeks. (Subject to the above, otherwise it can do for longer). Therefore, there are no quick ways to get rid of herpes.
9. The sun and tanning bed are best avoided. It only seems that it can be dried in this way, it is not. It seems to be feeding on UV and gaining strength.
The disease is not pleasant, if the virus enters your bloodstream, it will not go away from there. Be careful!
What is dangerous herpes on the lips
Often herpes brings its owner only cosmetic inconvenience, but if the person’s immunity is weakened, the presence of the virus can turn into a serious problem. So, in cancer patients, patients with HIV or those who have recently survived an organ transplant, the infection can infect the entire body. The most severe cases are damage to the nervous system with the simultaneous development of encephalitis and meningitis. In addition, herpes is not harmless for children, since the virus can cause complications. Therefore, it is very important to immediately treat the disease.
Can the virus be cured completely
Many people with chronic herpes are interested in how to cure herpes quickly at home. They know that it is impossible to completely suppress the infection in their body. The herpes virus lives on gene cells and passes on to its “neighbors” when dividing, so it is impossible to suppress it to the end, however, it is not so difficult to fight the foci of infection, preventing its further reproduction.
A person who felt the primary symptoms of a cold on the lips (tingling, itching) should immediately see a specialist. The doctor will determine the degree of infection and prescribe medications suitable for the treatment of herpes. Early-stage therapy can prevent further rashes, and the problem will resolve itself. However, in order to cure cold sores on the lips, you need to know what remedies are allowed to be used.
How to get rid of herpes on the lips: treatment regimen
- If there are primary signs of herpes on the lips (itching, slight tingling), a special ointment should be used. People with a chronic disease, such a tool must be constantly kept in a home medicine cabinet. Such ointments have a common component - acyclovir. This substance is an analogue of the element of human DNA, embedded in the cell of the virus and destroyed it. Ointments are treated with rashes with a cotton swab. When the product is absorbed, brush your lips again. A quick reaction and the use of the drug will prevent the appearance of bubbles.
- If the time of the initial stage of the virus is missed, bubbles appear, and later ulcers in the corners of the mouth and on the lips. It will not be possible to cure them in 1 day, since the process of tissue destruction was launched. During this period, tablets based on acyclovir or external agents (creams, ointments) should be used. The advantage of local drugs is their gentle effect on the human body, since the drug does not penetrate the blood. Ointments or creams are allowed to be used even by pregnant or lactating women. However, tablets are considered more effective - they suppress the virus from the inside.
- After opening the cold vesicles, the virus cannot be cured quickly, since it has already reached its apotheosis. Not a rare consequence of advanced herpes are scars on the lips. The patient's task will be to help his body, including the immune system. Take vitamins and immunoglobulin along with herpes ointments. The latter are necessary to prevent the spread of infection to people around. In addition, it is worth using folk remedies that dry the skin, for example, alcohol tinctures of calendula or celandine.
What drugs should be used
Tablets, ointments, gels and creams affect the speed and intensity of infection within the human body. Such drugs slow down the reproduction of the virus and reduce the severity of symptoms. Treatment with pills for cold sores on the lips is allowed from the age of two, however, side effects of such agents should be taken into account. Sometimes their intake leads to a slowdown in the withdrawal of fluid from the body, so only the doctor must decide whether it is advisable to undergo treatment with tablets.
The drug penetrates into viral cells and destroys them from the inside. The dosage for adult patients is approximately 0.25-2 grams, with the frequency of taking the tablets and the duration of the course of treatment prescribed by the doctor, depending on the degree of herpes on the lips. For people with impaired renal or hepatic function, the dose is adjusted in a special way. Elderly people while taking pills for herpes on the lips should increase the amount of fluid consumed.
After taking the tablets by a person who is sick with herpes, the active substance famciclovir is rapidly absorbed into the blood, transforming into active penciclovir. It effectively fights the pathogenic herpes cells in the body. The drug is drunk regardless of the meal. The average dose is 0.25 g three times a day for a week. Depending on the severity of the viral lesion, the doctor may change the treatment regimen.
Once inside, Acyclovir integrates into the chain of viral DNA, blocking its synthesis. The drug penetrates perfectly into all tissues and organs of a person, including the skin and brain. A five-day course of treatment with tablets for adults and children from the age of 2 years is prescribed at 0.2 g 5 times a day with a four-hour interval. With more advanced forms of herpes, the course of treatment can be extended by the doctor until the patient recovers.
A topical preparation prevents the synthesis of viral DNA cells without damaging healthy human cells. Children and adults are prescribed the use of an ointment in the form of a 1 cm strip, which is placed on the affected area of the lips. Zovirax is used up to five times a day with a time interval of 4 hours. Treatment should continue for another three days after the patient's recovery. The doctor may prescribe a remedy for a pregnant woman who has become infected with the virus, if she considers that the threat to the fetus will be minimal.
It is an antiviral drug of plant origin. It is used as a component of complex therapy for various types of herpes, including the genital strain. Injections are performed slowly, at 200 mcg. The number of injections per day and the duration of treatment with Panavir is determined by the doctor. During pregnancy and herpes, the drug is used in limited doses, during lactation it is contraindicated.
Effective folk remedies
- Aloe juice. To treat the disease on the lips, dilute 1 teaspoon of aloe juice (Kalanchoe juice is also suitable) with 0.5 teaspoon of honey and take it once a day before meals. In addition, the plant itself helps to stop the herpes virus. Cut a piece of aloe, peel the skin and place on the wound, securing it with a band-aid for 20-30 minutes. After 3-4 days, the virus will recede.
- Earwax. Lubricate herpes sores with earwax twice a day, a positive treatment result will be noticeable on the second day.
- Ice cubes. Apply ice to affected skin for 20 seconds 2-3 times a day. Since the virus is afraid of low temperature, ice cubes will help cure cold sores on the lips by drying the wounds.
- Fine salt. Salt is often used to get rid of herpes. Apply small table salt to your lips 3-4 times a day. At night, make a salt compress by dissolving a spoonful of salt in 1/3 cup of water and moistening gauze in the solution. You can fix the compress with a band-aid.
- Toothpaste. Apply a thin layer of paste on the affected area of the lip, wait until it dries and rinse. Along with toothpaste, sores gradually dry out. Repeat procedure until recovery. If you start applying the paste before the bubbles appear, they will not appear.
- Chamomile broth. Infusion should be drunk during herpes and lubricate the affected skin of the lips with it. Pour a tablespoon of herbs with a glass of boiling water, cover and let it brew for at least 30 minutes. Strain the broth, add to it a tablespoon of propolis alcohol tincture. With this infusion, soak the ulcers on the lips and drink it twice a day in a tablespoon.
- Freshly brewed tea. Black tea is effective in the treatment of cold sores on the lips. Brew a drink, dip a cotton swab into it and attach to viral sores or bubbles. Perform the procedure 3-4 times a day until complete recovery.
- Ash from burnt paper. Prepare an ointment for cold sores on the lips, mixing ½ tablespoon of honey, chopped 3 cloves of garlic and a tablespoon of ash from burnt paper. With the ointment, lubricate the skin affected by the virus twice or thrice a day.
- Onion or clove of garlic. Cut the onion or clove of garlic and rub the vesicles or sores on the lips with the side of the slice. It is better to do the procedure before bedtime to avoid an unpleasant odor. After this, it is recommended to lubricate the lips with honey or zinc ointment.
- A mixture of honey, instant coffee and flour.Oint to eliminate cold sores: 5 grams of coffee, 10 grams of flour and honey, 50 grams of kefir and 2 cloves of garlic passed through the press. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply to the sores, leaving the ointment to dry. Then cover your lips with a second layer of ointment and after half an hour rinse with warm water. Herpes will pass after several procedures.
- Burning bubbles with a heated spoon. How to cure herpes on the lips for 1 day at home? This can be done with the help of such an effective remedy: heat an ordinary teaspoon (you can use a cup with boiling water) and apply 3-5 times a day. The next day, the symptoms of the virus will disappear.
How to cure a cold on the lips during pregnancy and lactation
In women, the risk of contracting herpes during pregnancy increases, since immunity is weakened during this period. To treat the virus, girls are not recommended to take any drugs in the position, however, it is still necessary to fight the infection. To do this, you must follow a diet (exclude baking, increase the amount of protein products), sleep more, take vitamins for pregnant women. During pregnancy and lactation, it is possible to use ointments against herpes, which should be prescribed by a doctor. Apply them to the lips only according to the instructions.
What to do to heal the skin after an illness
With the right treatment, the period of the disease is on average 3-4 days. After that, a wound remains in the corner or on the lip itself. To accelerate its healing, it is necessary to use aloe juice or Kalanchoe, sea buckthorn or fir oil. As a rule, the sore lasts for a week. And the whole process of recovery from herpes is 10-18 days, depending on the effectiveness of the treatment. If you manage to suppress the infectious virus at the first stage of development, herpes recedes quickly and without external manifestations.
Video Tips: How to Cure Herpes Once and For All
A cold on the lip is a viral disease that affects millions of people from all over the world. For its treatment, one should equally actively fight both external and internal symptoms. There are many effective drugs and folk remedies for herpes, which provide an opportunity to quickly overcome the infection. However, pharmaceuticals should be used exclusively as directed by a doctor. With the help of the video you will learn how to cure herpes on the lips and protect yourself from relapses.
Feedback on the results
Anastasia, 20 years old, Saratov: I have a cold sore, as long as I remember. As a rule, bubbles pop up twice a year - in autumn and summer. I'm used to treating the virus at the very initial stage. If the lip swells and itching begins, immediately lubricate it with Herpevir or toothpaste. On the second day, the symptoms go away. Another treatment method I have tested is lotions with Corvalol. Cauterize sores it hurts them, but then the lips then without ugly sores.
Николай, 31 год, Казань: Часто страдаю герпесом на губах и в носу. Если удается «поймать» первую стадию, то всегда помогает прижигание горячей ложкой. Нагреваю ее кипятком либо подержав над конфоркой. Немного болезненно, но эффект гарантированный. Если герпес успел проявиться пузырьками, то для лечения приходится мазать средствами типа Ацикловира. Спустя 3-4 дня язвочки начинают заживать.
Natalia, 28 years old, Belaya Kalitva: I have herpes - a constant companion of the flu or the common cold. The temperature rises immediately, the throat begins to hurt, rashes appear on the lips. Helps Interferon, Vivorax and folk remedies. My grandmother taught me to smear sores with earwax; I have not yet found a more effective method. For convenience, I use an ear stick. The virus leaves on the third day, but the cold has to be treated longer.
Interesting information about herpes viruses
Herpetic infection is ubiquitous. In total, eight types of herpes viruses are distinguished, which pose a danger to human health. These eight species, in turn, are divided into three subfamilies: alpha, beta and gamma herpes viruses.
The subfamily of alpha herpes viruses includes herpes simplex viruses type 1 and 2 and chickenpox virus. These representatives most often cause disease in people around the world. The subfamily of beta herpes viruses includes microorganisms that cause diseases such as cytomegaly, chronic fatigue syndrome, as well as viral pneumonia, hepatitis. Epstein-Barr virus and a virus that can cause Kaposi’s sarcoma belong to the group of gamma viruses.
Let's talk more about the herpes simplex virus. Both types of this virus can infect the reproductive system of men and women. Discovered the herpes simplex virus W. Gruther.
It is believed that almost 90% of the world's population is infected with the herpes virus. However, clinically it appears only in 20-30% of residents, the rest are its silent carriers, in which the disease may not manifest itself. In this case, carriers serve as a source of infection.
What you need to know about genital herpes?
Statistics show that genital herpes is usually detected in the female half of the population. Men are more often carriers and do not even suspect about it.
Unfortunately, in our country, before starting a relationship between a man and a woman, as well as before marriage, it is not accepted to require a certificate from a partner about the absence of sexually transmitted diseases. And very in vain. The time will come, and it will be as natural as asking for a name when meeting someone.
Genital herpes is most often infected through sexual contact. The peak falls on young age, when sexual activity is in full swing. Especially if young people do not use condoms, often change partners and experiment with different types of sexual relations. 5-10 days after contact with a carrier or a sick person, discomfort develops in the genital area. In the early hours it is an itch that gives way to burning and local pain. Along with the pain, rashes characteristic of herpes appear - these are clusters of bubbles filled with a clear or yellowish liquid. The bubbles are tense, painful. Tissues around the rash with signs of swelling and redness. Pain can be given to the lower extremities, the anus, the lower abdomen. The pain symptom is especially pronounced at the initial manifestation of the infection. People with genital herpes note reduced working capacity, weakness, and possibly an increase in temperature. Movements become painful, wearing tight and coarse linen becomes impossible. About sexual contacts is out of the question. Often, people against the background of exacerbation of genital herpes visit suicidal thoughts - their suffering is so intense.
After a couple of days, the vesicles open, and the rash is covered with yellowish crusts. Pain sensations become less pronounced. When the crusts come off, for a long time a reddish spot remains in the place of the bubbles, which eventually passes without a trace.
Having penetrated the body once, the herpes virus settles in it for life. The herpes-causing virus is hiding in the nerve ganglia, where it is waiting for the right moment to activate. Exacerbations of infection can occur in the following situations:
- during subcooling,
- when overheating,
- with a decrease in immunity,
- with the beginning of the menstrual cycle,
- against the background of alcohol abuse,
- under stress
- against the background of heavy physical exertion,
- during surgical interventions.
Herpes virus infection
Virus infection can occur in several ways. Since genital herpes can be caused by the herpes virus of both type 1 and type 2, the penetration of the virus into the body can occur according to the following schemes:
This is the most common mechanism. Virus infection occurs through sexual contact with a sick person or carrier. Herpes is easily transmitted in non-traditional sexual relations: anal or oral sexual intercourse, especially if during this period the sexual partner has manifestations of the disease on the lips or genitals. The virus is found in semen, saliva, vaginal secretions, as well as in liquid contents, which are filled with vesicles during herpetic eruptions.
Self-infection is also possible if hygiene rules are not followed, when herpes viruses are easily transferred by hand from the lips to intimate places.
Virus infection occurs less frequently along this route. The virus is able to penetrate through the damaged skin into the body when using common objects with a sick person: towels, dishes, linen, etc.
An even rarer way to transmit the virus, but do not underestimate it.
The herpes virus is transmitted from mother to child through the placental barrier. It is also possible that the virus becomes infected during childbirth when a child passes the birth canal of a woman with genital herpes.
How does the disease affect the health of the unborn child?
Herpetic infection is especially dangerous if the initial infection of the virus occurred during pregnancy. For an adult, genital herpes carries only physical pain, but the health of a future baby can be very severely affected.
The virus can provoke a miscarriage, a violation of the normal development of organs and systems. Most often, microcephaly (underdevelopment of the brain), microphthalmia (underdevelopment of eyeballs), heart defects are noted.
So, while passing through the birth canal, a child can become infected with the genital herpes virus, which can subsequently manifest in the form of herpes encephalitis, meningitis, keratoconjunctivitis.
Pregnancy and genital herpes: is it possible to do without victims?
Before planning a pregnancy, both spouses should be tested for hidden infections, including herpes viruses. If a virus is detected in the body, it is necessary to undergo a course of antiviral therapy to suppress the multiplication of herpes viruses. Then it is highly likely that pregnancy and childbirth will pass without complications.
In the event that genital herpes is activated in the last trimester of pregnancy, you should inform your doctor about this. It is possible that delivery in such a situation will be carried out by caesarean section. This will protect the child from infection during passage through the birth canal.
It is impossible to recover completely from the disease. Early detection and selection of preventive therapy will extend the period of remission for a long time, ensuring a normal lifestyle.